Decisive. Determined. Driven. Macomber Law offers a ten-week summer program for high-achieving students interested in the practice of real property law. This is an opportunity for 1L and 2L students to work in a for-profit legal environment to see if our practice meets your expectations. Among other duties, you will:
- Attend client and staff meetings
- Research and write legal memos
- Draft client documents
- Attend depositions and court hearings
Work side-by-side with experienced real property attorneys on transactional and litigation-related client matters. This is a hands-on opportunity to get to know whether the practice of real estate law is for you. At the end of our program, you'll receive an employment review addressing the following aspects of your job performance:
- Legal analysis
- Writing skills
- Time management
- Attention to detail
Provide short, handwritten answers to the questions below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in black ink in longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
- What one personality characteristic recommends you as a litigator? Detail the downside of that characteristic in the workplace.
- Describe a scenario where your attention to detail made a difference.
Both answers combined should fit on one page. Include your resume with salary history, transcript, and minimum five-page written legal argument. Scan and email your response by April 1 to email@example.com. Program begins May 27, 2019.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.