Join a collegial, principled, solutions-oriented real estate practice focusing on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny legal issues faced by small- to medium-sized landowners. Work closely with high-integrity attorneys. We look for a positive attitude, good judgment, and commitment to excellence in all things. Maturity, excellent concentration and attention to detail, and time management skills required.
- Legal research
- Drafting of legal memos, pleadings, notice of hearings, court briefs, and client correspondence
- Scheduling of service of process, meetings, court hearings, mediations, depositions and court reporters
- Research involving outside agencies regarding client matters
- Obtaining documents from outside sources, including county offices, title companies, and the internet
- Filing of court documents
- Scanning, saving, indexing, and filing of documents
- Back-up receptionist and legal secretary duties, including fielding of PNC phone calls
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Paralegal certificate
- Two-years' work experience
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Knowledge of Word and Adobe
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation $2500 per month
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Provide a short, handwritten answer to the question below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answer in black ink in longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
(1) Why is honesty important in the workplace?
(2) Describe a situation where your attention to detail made a difference on-the-job.
Attach your resume with salary history and a short explanation for your interest in the position. Scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.