Join a collegial, principled, solutions-oriented real estate practice focusing on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny legal issues faced by small- to medium-sized landowners. Work closely with high-integrity attorneys. Provide support to professional and business staff.
Duties include opening and closing of client matters, ongoing and complex filing, title report intake, scheduling of court dates, all aspects of client matter support including litigation, and ad-hoc projects supporting the business objectives of the firm.
- Open new matters
- Daily client filing
- Daily inventory of upstairs office supplies including paper, notepads, shredding
- Ongoing client document intake, including title reports
- Take client phone calls
- Order title reports
- Track billable and non-billable time
- Track title report invoices
- Printing of monthly billing invoices
- Closing and archiving matters
- Calendar trial, hearings, court deadlines, and depositions
- Sending and tracking of closed matter review requests
- Update office policies, procedures, and workflows as they pertain to the position
- Update and maintain the Legal Library
- Maintain the cleanliness of the upstairs office
- Ad hoc projects that support the business goals of the firm
- Backup activities for Legal Secretary (Front office) and Legal Administrator
Over time, you will be expected to:
- Create trial calendars
- Prepare court and hearing document drafts
- Create trial notebooks
- Minimum two years office experience
- High school diploma
- Print, copy, and scan skills
- Basic punctuation, grammar, and business writing skills
- Appreciation for orderliness, cleanliness, and lists
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail, and critical thought
- Appreciation for workflow and efficient processing of documents
- Computer knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe
- CenterBase, SharePoint, and Icourt experience preferred
- College coursework preferred
- Eight paid holidays include New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve
- Fifteen Personal Time Off (PTO) days
- Defined contribution retirement plan eligibility and match after one year's employment
- Group health and life insurance
Provide a short, handwritten answer to the question below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answer in black ink in longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
(1) How do you define honesty?
(2) Describe a situation where honesty created a hardship and how you resolved it.
Attach your resume with salary history and a short explanation for your interest in the position. Scan and email your application to email@example.com.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.