Detail-Oriented. Decisive. Determined. Macomber Law welcomes lateral applications from attorneys with litigation experience and a record of success. Our practice is focused on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny legal issues faced by small-to medium-sized landowners. Experienced Attorneys receive formal and on-the-job training.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Ad hoc projects supportive of the business goals of the firm
- 4+ years’ relevant experience
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Idaho, or able to get licensed within three months
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Washington a plus
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Incentive compensation plan
- Licensing and Continuing Legal Education
- All expense paid trip to Annual Federalist Society Convention in Washington D.C.
To Apply: Provide answers to both questions using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in longhand using black ink. Print and sign your name at the bottom.
- Describe a scenario where your attention to detail made a difference.
- What one personality characteristic recommends you as a litigator? Describe the downside of that characteristic in the workplace.
Email your essays, resume with salary history, and five-page written legal argument to email@example.com.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.