Decisive, Determined, Driven. Macomber Law welcomes lateral applications from attorneys with litigation experience and a record of success in practice areas other than real estate. Our practice is focused on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny legal issues faced by small-to medium-sized landowners requiring both extraordinary attention to detail and excellent client management skills. Experienced Attorneys receive formal and on-the-job training.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Maintain visibility in the community through civic, volunteer, or church involvement
- Ad hoc projects supportive of the business goals of the firm
- 2+ years’ relevant experience
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Idaho
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Washington a plus
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Licensing and Continuing Legal Education
- All expense paid trip to Annual Federalist Society Convention in Washington D.C.
To Apply: Provide answers to both questions using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in black ink using longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom.
- Recount a real-life situation where circumstances reversed because of your attention to detail.
- What one personality characteristic do you possess that best recommends you as a litigator?
Email your essays, resume with salary history, and five-page written legal argument to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.