Detail-Oriented. Decisive. Determined. Headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Macomber Law is experiencing aggressive growth. Serving Idaho, Montana, and Washington, the practice is focused on real estate transactions, easement disputes, and other thorny issues faced by landowners. We seek a young professional looking to take on client management, litigation, and business development responsibilities. Benefits include competitive compensation package, health, life, retirement, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, licensing, and CLE's.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Maintain visibility in the community through civic, volunteer, or church involvement
- Ad hoc projects supportive of the business goals of the firm
- 0-4 years’ relevant experience
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Idaho, or able to get licensed within three months
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional malpractice insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Incentive compensation plan
- Licensing and Continuing Legal Education
- All expense paid trip to Annual Federalist Society Convention in Washington D.C.
To Apply: Provide answers to the questions below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in longhand using black ink. Print and sign your name at the bottom.
- What do you do for fun? How do you maintain work / life balance?
- How do you deal with competition, both in the workplace and in the courtroom?
Email your essays, resume with salary history, and five-page written legal argument to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.