Decisive, Determined, Driven. Join a collegial, principled, solutions-oriented real estate practice focusing on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny legal issues faced by small-to medium-sized landowners. Staff Attorneys should expect broad and early exposure to business development, client management responsibilities, and litigation. Salary starts $70K DOE.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Maintain visibility in the community through civic, volunteer, or church involvement
- Ad hoc projects supportive of the business goals of the firm
- 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Idaho
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Attendance at 3-day annual Federalist Society convention in Washington D.C.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- CLE, including travel
To Apply: Provide answers to both questions using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in black ink using longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
- Describe a situation where your fighting spirit saved the day.
- Describe a scenario where your attention to detail made a difference.
Email your essays, resume with salary history, and five-page written legal argument to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Macomber Law!