Decisive, Determined, Driven. Join a collegial, principled, solutions-oriented real estate practice focusing on easement disputes, boundary issues, road and septic agreements, and other thorny issues faced by small-to medium-sized landowners. Associates receive broad and early exposure to business development, client management, and litigation. Benefits include health, life, retirement, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, licensing, and CLE's. Salary starts $70K DOE.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Maintain visibility in the community through civic, volunteer, or church involvement
- Ad hoc projects supportive of the business goals of the firm
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Idaho
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Attendance at 3-day annual Federalist Society convention in Washington D.C.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- CLE, including travel
To Apply: Provide answers to the questions below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in black ink longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
- Describe a situation where your fighting spirit saved the day.
- Describe a scenario where your attention to detail made a difference.
Email your essays, resume with salary history, and five-page written legal argument to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email your resume with salary history, five-page written legal argument, and essays to email@example.com.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Macomber Law!