We are a small law firm where your drive for excellence, detail-orientation, and customer service skills will be rewarded with a professional and friendly work environment and control over your work. Benefits include health and life insurance, retirement, fifteen paid vacation and sick leave days, and eight paid holidays per year. Salary starts $24K+ DOE.
- Opening the office at 8am
- Answering the telephone and incoming emails, screening calls, and scheduling appointments
- Preparing potential new client (PNC) folders
- Greeting and intake of PNCs
- Creating new client files, both paper and electronic
- Copying, scanning, faxing
- Maintaining scan and incoming fax folders
- Logging incoming mail
- Maintaining open client matter files, including detailed labelling of all documents and complex filing tasks
- Maintaining the orderly disposition of closed files
- Production of routine form letters for attorneys
- General office filing
- Ordering office supplies
- Tracking of Continuing Legal Education credits for attorneys
- Printing of monthly billing envelopes
- Maintenance of weekly attorney billable hours spreadsheet and risk mitigation spreadsheet
- Addressing and processing of outbound mail, including producing customized postal stamps with stamps.com
- Coffee Service
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the office including the kitchen area, trash removal, dusting, wood polishing, vacuuming, glass
- Documentation of office procedures
- Minimum two years office experience, preferably including receptionist duties
- Congenial, consistent, professional phone personality
- Passion for orderliness, cleanliness, and lists
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail, and critical thought
- Demonstrated ability to be mindful of the feelings of others
- Appreciation for work flow and efficient processing of documents
- Computer knowledge of Word
- Time Matters, Adobe, and Excel experience preferred
Provide a short, handwritten answer to the question below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answer in black ink in longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
- How do you define honesty? Describe a situation where someone doubted your honesty. What happened?
Also, attach your resume with salary history and a short explanation for your interest in the position. Scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.