We are a small firm where your work ethic and legal savvy will be rewarded with broad and early exposure to real estate legal matters both transactional and litigation-related, client management responsibilities, and business development opportunities. We seek associates with zero to three years’ experience. Benefits include health, life insurance, retirement, paid vacation and sick leave, and eight paid holidays per year. Salary starts $50K+ DOE with billable-hour bonus eligibility.
- Legal research, analysis, citation checks, and shepardizing of briefs
- Drafting of opinion letters, complaints, and motions
- Preparation and drafting of answers to complaints, including affirmative defenses and counterclaims
- Production of responses to discovery, briefs, pleadings, and motions
- Review and analysis of complex claims documents, pleadings, motions, deposition materials, and discovery responses
- Represent clients at trial and pre-trial events
- Case management of client matters, including scheduling of motions, depositions, and trial orders
- Conspicuous and consistent attendance at local bar functions
- Maintain law license by complying with all bar requirements, including CLE credits
- Maintain visibility in the community through civic, volunteer, or church involvement
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience
- Superior academic performance
- Currently licensed to practice in the State of Idaho, or able to get licensed within three months
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail
- Superior analytical and argumentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent technical skills, including spreadsheet familiarity
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest principals of the legal profession
- Time Matters experience preferred
- Tri-State — Idaho, Montana, Washington — licensees preferred
- Second career professionals preferred
Provide short answers to the two questions below using one sheet of unlined paper. Submit your answers in black ink in longhand. Print and sign your name at the bottom:
- What role does honesty play in the practice of law?
- Are property rights as important as civil rights? Why or why not?
Both answers combined should fit on one page. Include your resume with salary history and minimum five-page written legal argument. Scan and email your application to email@example.com.
Macomber Law is an equal opportunity employer.